News - NOSPR
Competition for the position of: orchestra concertmaster
The Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra is a leader among Polish orchestras and one of the most important institutions of culture in the country. For over 85 years, it has been contributing to the main currents of Polish musical culture with its concerts, publications, and educational activity.
The orchestra regularly performs with the greatest musicians in the world, and its spectacular seat is a place admired by audiences and artists alike. SInce April 2018, NOSPR has been a member of the ECHO, an organisation bringing together 22 Europe’s finest concert halls.
At NOSPR, we continue the best traditions in the world of music, simultaneously creating new formats of artistic events and seeking new ways of interacting with audiences. We are the organisers of the Katowice Culture Nature Festival, The Festival of Premieres and the Music+Science Festival, as well as the Karol Szymanowski International Music Festival.
We are continuously evolving and developing, which is why we are seeking an employee to join our team in the position of:ORCHESTRA CONCERTMASTER
The auditions will take place on 07.02.2024 at 14 : 00, at the seat of NOSPR in Katowice, plac Wojciecha Kilara 1.
Please submit your applications to NOSPR by post, Plac W. Kilara 1, 40-202 Katowice with the note “do Działu Personalnego” on the envelope; or by email: email@example.com by 22.12.2023. Please title your email as follows: „Koncertmistrz Orkiestry”
An application must contain a CV complete with a description of the candidate’s artistic achievements. The candidate must indicate whether they will require a NOSPR-provided accompanist.
Only selected candidates will be invited to participate in the auditions. They will be informed about participation in the auditions no later than on 08.01. 2024.
- W. A. Mozart - 1st and 2nd movement with cadenzas, from one of the following violin concertos: G major KV216, D major KV218, A major KV219
One of the following violin concertos in its entirety:
- B. Bartok - Violin concerto No. 2 Sz.112,
- L. van Beethoven - Violin Concerto in D major op. 61,
- J. Brahms - Violin concerto in D major op. 77,
- P. Tchaikovsky - Violin concerto in D major op. 35,
- M. Karłowicz - Violin concerto in A major op. 8,
- F. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy - Violin concerto in E minor op. 64
- J. Sibelius - Violin concerto in D minor op. 47
- L. van Beethoven - Symphony No. 9 in D minor op. 125, 3rd movement, bars 99-114
- R. Strauss - Don Juan
- S. Prokofiev - Symphony No. 1 “Classical”, 1st, 3rd, and 4th movement
Solo parts from orchestral repertoire:
- J. S. Bach - the "Erbarme Dich" aria from St. Matthew’s Passion,
- J. Brahms - Symphony No. 1 in C minor op. 68, 2nd movement,
- R. Strauss - "Ein Heldenleben" symphonic poem op. 40,
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov - "Scheherazade" symphonic poem op. 35,
- K. Szymanowski - Symphony No. 2 in B major op. 19, 1st movement,
- K. Szymanowski - Symphony No. 4 (Symphonie concertante) op. 60, 2nd movement
Sheet music for the selected orchestra fragments will be emailed to persons qualified for the auditions.
Please add the following to your CV: Pursuant to art. 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27th April 2016 (EU Official Journal L 119 of 04.05.2016), I hereby consent to my personal data, exceeding that indicated in art. 221 of the Labour Code, included in the application sent by me, being processed by NOSPR for the purposes of the recruitment process.